EOCF’s Policy Council (PC) consists of parent and guardian representatives from EOCF’s centers and works in cooperation with the Board of Directors to provide a formal means to be involved with program design and operation, long and short-term planning goals and objectives and taking into account the annual community-wide strategic planning and needs assessment and self-assessment. Participating in PC gives parents and guardians the skills to advocate toward improved education and better opportunities for their children.
Parent representatives on the Policy Council are elected by their peers at their Center committee meetings and they’re responsible for making decisions about:
- Short and long-term goals and objectives
- Recruitment areas and selection criteria
- Head Start/Early Head Start Grant application
- Quality Improvement Plans
- Head Start/Early Head Start yearly budget